Thursday 5 December 2013

Nothing Much

Today I needed a reason to get out of bed,
And life gave me more than one or two or three
I held those reasons in my heart and made it through the morning 
Today I needed distractions,
And life gave me shaving, work awards and cake
I welcomed those distractions and smiled through the noon
Today I needed love and strength
And life handed me  the colour pink
I wore that pink throughout the day and snuggled in its warmth
Today I needed to hide and wallow in my gloom
And life handed me vodka flavoured chocolate 
I cuddled up and drank that drink and made it through the evening 
Today I needed a cuddle and words that meant a lot
And life gave me more than that 
And I made it through the day because "nothing much" was said 

(C) Tabitha King 2013 

No comments:

Post a Comment