Monday 7 October 2013

Catching up, Vegetarianism take 2, new jobs and all things food...

Don't worry I haven't fallen off the writing bandwagon. I just had a hectic few days and no time to catch up...

Where to start... oooooh okay NEW JOB... (yes Tabs really can have three different jobs in the space of a year)... did crazy interview a few weeks back that I thought I had completely fluffed when they asked me the world's easiest question (no not what's your name) and I just didn't know the answer (well until I left the interview)... SO they rang and said lots of stuff that made me think I wasn't getting the job... which to be fair I didn't get but they offered me a better one instead, so completely made up and over the moon. I know I said I wanted a changed but turns out you have to leave a work place situation to really realise your passion and the team that I am in has taught me that, so its back to what I know and love, finally knowing that I love it.... Have to work out the icky stuff like going to work when I know I'm leaving and cleaning up my cases etc but pastures new.

Went on training which Hubby then suffered for, as you can always tell when I have been on training as I get all inspired or as those around me say annoying and argumentative. We covered the human rights act (which I already know) but it got me all passionate about having human rights and how we use them, to which hubby (and you think he'd know better) informed me that Human Rights were a lot of stuff an nonsense... lets put it this way he soon took it back when I informed him I was taking away to freedom of torture and was going to pull out his toenails one by one....

I spent the weekend at a friends house, catching up and doing girl stuff including partying in my fabulous shoes. I haven't worn my Alice shoes in a few years so I am feeling all inspired and like I need to be painting myself some new (okay old) ones.... Had a lovely time and was spoilt by her kids who let me do fun stuff like colouring and making cakes and reading the gruffalo and hairy maclary... the kind of stuff my small people won't let me do any-more.. Fell of the vegetarian wagon when I was drunk (not with children that was later)

Decided today to start my vegetarian count again to be true about following 33 days worth of it.... Last night girl child announced that she wanted to do it too, so we have a bet on how long she can last...

So today I took lunch to work, or salad in a jar, now I like the ethos behind this even though it was a faff to make. Salad people is boring, no matter what Jamie O says about cooking lettuce (hah tried that) and washing your greens it just is.... so stealing the idea from many a website / blog (google it you'll find something) I made my own... the idea being that if it looked pretty I would want to eat it... TRUE fact people... it was pretty and scrummy and I did want (and in fact did) to eat it....instead of my usual lunch that I look at, throw in the bin and then go scavenging in the cafe for overpriced food... so total success all round... Hubby is concerned that I may try and make all my meals in jars and began making random jokes about baby food etc...


Turns out that this cooking marlarky takes up a lot of your free time, but I did make Imitation Meatloaf (meaning its mushed up lentils and the like so nothing like a meatloaf)... Now boy child will count this as a fail (because the idea of eating any kind of bean pulse or vegetable is disgusting) but I'm quite pleased with this in that apart from a very enlightening cooking lentils experience.. (the idea being that when they are done you mash the lentils but mine were already mush so I didn't need to) and think I did a pretty "nifty" job..


What we were aiming for





And actually it was very nice....not like meaty or in fact loafy but nice, (okay I covered it in vegetarian gravy and froze the rest) but it was genuinely not offensive. Now I'm not sure if this means I'm improving on my cooking skills or whether I'm just so hungry that I'll eat anything.. Girl child did comment on why we couldn't just exist on chips and cheese like normal non meat eaters, but I just applied the tried and tested method of "la la la I can't hear you"

In other news I got a new sofa... (well new to us) which definitely covers the buy furniture part of my 33 things... It came with different coloured covers so I may have to mix it up as this photo makes it look really sterile in my living room (it isn't) plus one of the covers is blue so I can totally find a way to patchwork on some Tardis's or something Dr. Who related.... may have to do this on a week where hubby is away just to reduce and minimise the inevitable temper tantrum (him not me) if I actually do this, also have to actually reshuffle the front room to accommodate them a bit better...


Other than that nothing much doing, it's that time of year where I feel like I'm riding the emotional roller coaster of highs and lows, with no real pattern to the ensuing madness. I have to remind myself to keep doing stuff to at least try and make me active and interested and that includes the blog, otherwise I'll fall into bed and not come out again. I saw a great post on facebook that pretty much sums up the achievement that getting out of bed sometimes in itself is, and that other "normies" with their perfectly functioning moods don't understand. In true style I can't find it but it did make me smile...

On that note, I have to recommend this blog Aliceatwonderland which I am counting as my daily reading ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment