Tuesday 8 October 2013

Notice, waste and frugalness...

Mmmmm today, well today I woke up and realised I was still alive... which is apparently a good thing, then I remembered that I'm about to quit my job (AGAIN) start off on a whole new set of adventures (I'm sure I must be part traveler and not the time lord kind) and that I'm still a vegetarian (and yes it is only officially day two)

Went to new job to hand in all my official paperwork and to discuss all the terribly grown up stuff like terms and conditions (it's amazing how sometimes I even fool myself when I'm pretending to be grown up) and to show interest etc, before going to a visit. Visit was total disaster when visitee announced that I would have to come back tomorrow since I was wearing black shoes and they could only be worn on Wednesdays, I should have expected it really, people have been coming up with this kind of stuff ever since I became a SW, this was evidenced yesterday when I sat in a staff room because the manager was running late, and you have never seen a room empty so fast, I appreciate that my vegetarian demeanor means I'm a little shall we say windier than normal but I got the distinct impression that it was my job title that cleared the room.

Turns out that although I have only been in my current job for less than 3 months, I still have to give 3 months notice to leave, which essentially means I'm not starting the new job until well after Christmas, this annoys the heck out of me because I am already ready to leave and I can't even give notice before the official offer comes which means that we are probably looking at 5/6 months in reality. I am hoping that because its internal that the old and new boss will figure something out, but then this is my life so it's unlikely. On the other side of it at least I won't be the outcast because I'm new at the mandatory and inevitable Christmas Party I'll just be the outcast and deserter at this jobs party instead... so really nothing new there then!

Worked from home for the rest of the day in my onesie, lounging all over new sofa which is ridiculously snug, is it just me that remembers the cup a soup adverts where the chair sort of grows around the person giving them a hug... well that is what my sofa's are like.

Boy child in the way that only he can came home and said "do you want the bad news or the good news?" I looked at him in the way that mothers do, and so he announced that he got a ninth of a detention today for throwing a glue stick at someone. I wasn't really sure what to do with this information, what the heck is a ninth of a detention, is it the equivalent of a fifth of vodka (dare me to drive, see I can be down with the kids and Eminem even if I did think for ages he was m&m like the sweets) or something? Also because it's boy child I had to fully investigate why he needed to throw glue sticks... I actually tuned out after I asked this because it was apparent after five minutes of him waving his arms around (I wonder where he gets this from) and saying how it was not "technically" his fault that I was in for a long explanation. On the good news front he is now in the "gifted and talented" stream for maths (which he clearly doesn't get from me) which as is always the way with him left me in the difficult position of whether to scold him or praise him, so like the chicken I am I left it to hubby.

Girl child who has decided that she's also joining me in the vegetarian challenge, looked a little green at the gills when I announced tonights delight was veggie chilli (I give her the remainder of the week before she breaks) however when she realised the boys were having taco's she put a brave face on it, while it wasn't the worse thing I have ever eaten (and I am using the lettuce soup scale of yuck for this) I do accept that I may have over done the chilli, apparently 5 cubes of frozen chilli is a little on the hot side... so we did consume an entire tub of fromais frais along with the chilli.


Now my biggest issue in this house is waste, it drives me insane, (okay a little bit madder than I usually am) so the question is how do we change this ^^^^


into this ^^^^

and by this I am of course referring to an empty pan. No I have not secretly been training as a  magician (even if that film with them in was spigging awesome) and no I did not throw it in the bin, but I am a bloody Genius, okay fine the internet and Google is a genius (plus this is just another way to torture my mother) I made pasties... or as I like to call them "how to make people eat stuff they didn't want to eat before it was a pastie" (c) Tabitha King 2013



See how they got bigger in size as I realised just how much chilli I had left over... I made six and I froze them, so now (hint hint) I really do need a chest freezer because I filled ours with veggie leftovers including but not limited to the imitation meatloaf. I did learn the difference between open freezing (which I totally skipped) and freezing and accidentally dropping one on the floor (I am calling this one a pizza pie, yes yes I know its not but boy child will probably fall for it), still have not come up with a solution for all the mushrooms yet!

Ah well onwards and upwards I guess...


No comments:

Post a Comment