Wednesday 9 October 2013

Going deaf, gossip (secrets and lies) and respite...

It comes to something when not only your moods are cyclical but so is the behavior of your own body. Last night in a fit of smugness I stole hubby's side of the bed (way more comfortable) while watching Jonathon Creek (hey I ran out of the Dr and he says he can't handle another marathon... amateur!) and announced that I was changing all the noises on my alarms to prove both him and girl child wrong and that I can in fact get up on time (If I choose). Turns out I can't but also in fairness just like last year I have gone completely deaf in one ear.... last year this was a complete disaster and I ended up agreeing to things that it took me a month to work out why the hell I said yes to them in the first place... this year it means I didn't hear my fresh shiny new alarms, I am not confessing to what time I actually got out of bed but will refer to it as shit and fuck o clock (but only because I had a visit while wearing black shoes) and interestingly it took me a whole hour to work out why everything was so quiet and why exactly people were looking at me as I drove through various sleepy villages with my windows open and radio at 66 (66 I discovered today is as high as it goes)...

Did visit in which I probably shouted at the poor guy, but I did remember to put the right shoes on so that went considerably better than yesterday, have no idea what was said but everyone was smiling when I left, do worry slightly that I may regret that when I get my hearing back but hey positivity is the name of the day, after this I felt the need to spend a lot of money on cake, turns out being a vegetarian makes you hungry all of the time, so I caved and brought every variety of Halloween cake possible (and yes I did consume an entire packet of lemon and slime Jaffa cakes.... try them people they are ridiculously YUM) which relieved some of my shopping desires.

Had horrible afternoon of work, decided to do the typical "Tabs" thing (no not throwing a TABS / strop) but I can handle this lets conquer some daemons and prove everyone else wrong... turns out I can do shit I say I don't want to / think I'm not strong enough for, but equally there are direct consequences including sobbing (I think I mentioned this before but when it comes to my emotions you are OK to be around me when I'm merely crying but clear the decks when the sobbing starts) on the kitchen floor, eating the entire pantry worth of chocolate / crisps / jaffa cakes / crap and then feeling bad all over again....

Turns out there are distinct advantages to being (I hope) temporarily deaf.. for example boy child was definitely banging on about money but gave up after the seventh WHAT? and girl child was highly impressed by my interested and attentive listening about why such and such wasn't her friend anymore because of x y and z and also why Mr so and so shouldn't teach whatever subject it is that he teaches...  hubby isn't home yet but I suspect I can fool him too...

Rang the mother and announced that the house was filthy (it is), that the washing needed doing and that quite frankly the family were looking pained at the idea of eating anymore meals "prepared" by my fair hands...on this basis girl child needs to be prepared to give up some bed space as I am going dawwwwwwwwwwwn souff on Saturday to pick up my mother / house keeper / restorer of my sanity...

Decided because I just can't be arsed, to give the family respite from my creative cooking and am sticking with the tried and tested burgers (veggie for me and girl child natch) and chips and mmmmmmmmmm mumion rings (real word for onion rings peeps cos they are both oniony and nummins at the same time) although I am fast becoming at a loss as to how these vegetarian types are so thin, because my current staples involve carbs (fine chips) and cheese....

In other news I told my boss that I was potentially leaving on Monday (not leaving on Monday but that I would be eventually) and received a gazillion (okay 6) emails about why was I leaving, am I mad; which is proof that in the land of SW gossip and rumor spreads faster than herpes (I have no actual statistics for this and based on the behavior of a lot of my colleagues I may actually be wrong), this only irks (oooh I really should use irks more good word) me because one individual in particular wanted an entire breakdown of why and what and how so she could be the holder of information to increase her popularity. Sometimes it is exactly like being in school only I had no friends then or information to share, so I'm guessing here. A dear friend said I should just have replied with "I'm leaving because of you" but even in my deaf pissed off and frankly emotional state I decided that maybe I should leave the insulting people until I actually hand my notice in

Additionally Hubby has "styled" his hair and looks like Steve Carrell.... I can't look at him and take him seriously since as a beet grower this would make me Dwight (Office US reference people)

No comments:

Post a Comment