Friday 27 September 2013

Lady Gardens, Drama and Mr Twit

God I bloody love autumn.... genuine reason to be depressed and enjoy it without other people saying stupid cheerful crap like cheer up its summer, yay shorts seasons, oooh ice cream (okay I love ice cream) and you'll be sorry when its winter.... (WRONG)

I love autumn and winter, I love that its cold and I can dig out my jumpers, complain about the cold, drink hot chocolate and generally be a miserable sod. I also love autumnal telly, Sheldon is back, the IT crowd was epic (whats Jen doing with the internet?), Glee is back and well all is right with the world.

Still sick (only insert loss of voice and excessive sneezing at this point so we've probably hit the peak) but it turns out that you can put vodka in anything including honey and lemon, Beechams and Covonia... (yes all at the same time) and you kind of get the kind of happy where you forget you were sick in the first place (until the morning at least)

As a genuinely sick person I achieved nothing, had small paddy when realised that this washing and cleaning stuff isn't actually done by cleaning fairies or by simply thinking about it, so I stood in the kitchen (supping my newly named Vodhonlemchams (c) ) and contemplated doing houseworky "stuff" . Now I have watched my mother do this (not the supping) and she appears to have a system... so I developed my own, I lobbed everything into the washing machine (why waste time with this coloured non coloured crap.. I'm a non discriminatory laundry agent) and hoped for the best. While this was happening I also "loaded" the dishwasher.... the main difference between my mothers approach (which is to slot stuff in neatly and in order) and mine is that I just threw it all in there shut the door and switched it on, I have not as yet considered who is going to empty either of these devices, but it can probably wait the two-ish weeks until mum gets home...

Decided that today was not the day for cooking triumphs so made SW kievs... (no pictures I ate them) while arguing with girl child for the trillionth time about GCSEs (I'm so bored of it I actually can't be arsed any more also could be effects of  Vodhonlemchams (c)) so the final list of today is... (and I have to write it down so that when this wears off I can remind her what she said)

Mandatory:  Maths, English, Science, PE (yerk)
Chosen: History, French, Drama (She's going to turn up and they are going to give her an A and say sorry no professionals)  and Psychology (Well shes got an excellent subject just with her mother)

There was a discussion about wanting to help people for a career... and I may have snorted Vodhonlemchams (c) out of my nose, but hubby interjected and did the serious talking. I think this was because not only am I disheveled mess of snot and dribble (and that's just my usual look) he was trying to recover from earlier in which he said (and I quote) there is such a thing as too much bass to girl child. Now this coming from the man who for 13 years (I counted every single one of them) has insisted on driving his car like its a low rider and playing music that makes my heart hurt (and I mean physically like having palpation's attacking not emotionally) and making most of our many many houses shake was ironic. As I stated earlier today on Facebook if it was this alone it would have passed me by, but his reaction to the Miley Cyrus video (you know the one) just kind of confirmed that hes finally joined me on the wrong side of 30.

Ever one for the tedious link, I may sound like I'm hubby bashing today, but I would like to remind you that I am not well, dosed up on Vodhonlemchams (c) (if I say it enough it'll become a real thing and then I can go on dragons den and meet Peter Jones and maybe even touch his socks mmmmmmmmmmmmmm) and generally just being mopey, however I will let you into the kind of discussion that my hubby and I have of an evening...

So we are sitting in the garden smoking (look its for a limited time only all you judging judges) and we're talking about (insert something here, to be fair I kind of filter a lot of what hubby says cos it's mostly techy geeky stuff) when the subject of lady gardens comes up... (look away now if your not comfortable with female areas) and he says.. "well to be fair its not exactly a bush is it? It's more like Mr Twit's beard you could pull chicken bones out of it............."

Now its not often that I am speechless or indeed flabbergasted (excellent word must use more) but I'm just not sure what the response to that is....





No comments:

Post a Comment