Monday 30 September 2013

Weekend Summary....and the day before STOPTOBER

I didn't manage to post over the weekend, because apparently I was too busy being a real human being and do things with the familee... on this basis I'm making today a generally summary in the pre October-ness of tomorrow...

Saturday morning I woke up super early (okay 8.50) as I had promised the small people that I would treat them to breakfast. Hubby said that that was NEVER going to happen because I am incapable of getting up before 11 on a Saturday and therefore not to get the small people's hopes up... Naturally because he said I couldn't I did.. which proves that he knows me pretty well and the old tell me not to trick proved to continue to work on me...



Proof that I did indeed get up and have breakfast with the small people... In typical fashion Girl child who never eats anything at home (well given my recent cooking attempts I can see why) she decided that since this was the only time she was going to get real food this month and went up to the all you can eat far more times that I had originally anticiapted and filled her hollow little legs. I could see the profits of the all you can eat be broken by the world's hungriest small person.... boy child on the other hand (who eats everything in the house and then asks for pudding) decided that he wasn't as hungry as usual (I did check he had already eaten 5 weetabix before we went out)


^^^ Doubting Thomas above who said I couldn't get up on a Saturday (WRONG)... I only put this picture on to demonstrate that he is not a morning person either... 


Now if there's one thing I like about going out, it's the colouring in, and apparently my small people are too old for that kind of thing..but ever the eternal child I'm all about the colouring... so I completely ignored the bar person who told me that the colouring sheets were for the children, (grabbed me a handful of crayons) much to small people's disgust and merrily coloured my way through breakfast....


(I'm a colour outside the lines kind of girl in case you hadn't figured)


Now onto the real reason for getting out of bed.... TORCHWOOD.... oh alright Touchwood but it's nearly the same thing, hubby and children wouldn't let me scribble out all the U's on the car parking signs and change them for R's (they are NO fun whatsoever) but Touchwood is the home of my belated birthday present...


The DR.... how cute????? Now initially I thought the woman in the shop was going to think I was completely insane when I said he needed two hearts... and then she saw the outfit and said.. is this going to be a Dr Who bear... (yes I did the squee of excitement) but it turns out that she is Whovian like me so we chatted for most of the time about Dr's old and new, and hubby just rolled his eyes a lot (as did boy and girl child) while the Doctor was being fluffed (or as I like to think of it regenerated) I have never been as excited in my whole life... once he was finished I hugged him to ensure that both hearts were in good working order before singing and dancing through the store (yes I was the oldest person in there) to make Hubby pay for him...


And then the Dr and I went home :) Now I spent the rest of the afternoon trying to find him a long brown coat (fail) and also a fez/bowtie/ tweed jacket incase he regenerates again while he was with me.... not looking good so far but I may have to con my sister into making one... (well she is a seamstress people)


Then girl child out did herself with her excellent reading abilities, but as I told her she's my child had she scored any lower I would have been surprised. But still very proud of her, and going to be have strong words with them on Thursday about why exactly she is still in the bottom set for English...

After all that my buddy came round and we got horrendously drunk, played all manner of games including shot snakes and ladders (which I admit may have been a mistake), film trivia and California kings.... I cannot even begin to explain the rules of the California Kings because she and hubby make them up as the go along and it always ends up in oh that card means Tabs has to drink while standing on her head... or Tabs has to down 6 shots or Tabs has to stick things in her eyes.... we'll just say that at 5am in the morning when I finally finished talking I wasn't entirely sure that my liver would make it through another day. Did learn about (look away now) tactical chunders.... which is like a refresh so that you can keep drinking, but decided against it....

Sunday was Sunday as you can imagine I didn't really achieve a lot, but I did stick to my word and upset the small people by instilling No Tech Sunday, which does what it says on the tin. The small people are obsessed with sticking their faces in the pc / xbox / phone / internet rather than having real conversations or doing their homework of anything, so earlier last week I threw a strop and said that no-one was using any tech at all on Sundays and we were damn well spending the entire day together whether we liked it or not.... (and it was indeed a challenge...actually having to talk to the small people and do family type things)... well we survived (boy child nearly didn't but thats a whole other story)..... decided that due to other commitments and being a bit hungover and frightened that I'm doing the cabbage soup diet this week but next since I don't have to "BE" anywhere next week...

I didn't achieve all that much today, had a job interview which was quite frankly a bit bleurgh, I can't decide if I'm just in one of my not tolerant moods and can't be faffed and that's why I don't think it went so well, or whether it was too simple... plus if I do get it I have to make some decisions because its part time and less money but is what I love and permanent.... kind of not focusing on until Wednesday I'm just sick of being bored like I am now....

Was supposed to be cubbing tonight only could I find the location of where we are supposed to be? No I could not, even though I drove half way around the country looking for it, down single track and half track lanes... I did learn a few things though, I learnt that I can't read GPS co-ordinates, I can't drive in my walking boots, I can drive barefoot but it hurts and despite certain peoples comments on my driving I can in fact do a 3 point turn in a single track lane without hitting anything. Oddly this made me feel a little more satisfied with the world, however I am bummed that I didn't get to go play in the forest or that I didn't get to road test my ninja style tracksuit (yes I wore an actual tracksuit today... this country living is really changing me)

So that's kind of where I got to today and I'm already thinking about an early night.... Tomorrow is the 1st of October which means the start of STOPTOBER (must remember to go and smoke a lot of fags in a minute) and the start of my be veggie for 33 days challenges... (also have emergency bacon sandwich while smoking before bed)

No comments:

Post a Comment